Sunday, December 09, 2007

Okay..it has been a while and I figured I should upload my Shanghai pictures by now. Below, is a picture of where I lived. I didn't stay at a hotel but instead I stayed in a friend's house.I was staying in a Korean area as there were many Korean folks and restaurants around.



As you all know, Shanghai is famous for it's Xiao Long Bao.And coincidentally, when I went there, it was the crab season.So, the fillings inside the Xiao Long Bao were all related to crabs such as crab's egg,meat.And it was the best.I went to this famous old shop where I waited for half an hour for a seat.It's near the Shanghai Bund.Below is the pig blood's soup and crab xiao long bao.







Then went out for a walk at the Shanghai Bund.A bit cold but it was alright.Love the view there.Went to the old and new side to get opposite view of each other.







Bottom line is Shanghai has a lot of delicacies.Here are some of them


Vege on ice..haha..China salad


My favorite dessert!


Starters-the Shanghai style


Taste great but a killer for women who keeps their eye on their figure


Pan fried Xiao Long Bao..there is sesame underneath it!My 2nd fav!


Noodles..Looks spicy but really isn't..maybe it's coz of the cold weather

The following pics are all about crab..It's a crab feast!


Carb Meat and Cab Egg cooked together.Warning:not for those with high cholesterol


More crab meat!


Nice...


Beancurd with crab egg


Waiting to be eaten

The best part about eating crab here is that you don't have to take out the shell yourself.They are all done by the pros and laid out nicely.


The crab's head


Lol!


The part with the black sesame contains meat I think and the white sesame part contains some dessert which I forgot..good combination anyways.


Shanghai "Zhar Xiew Bao"


Claypot Rice!!

So,I ate quite a lot in Shanghai.But..I didn't put on weight!!Kudos to me!!haha..Until next time..

*poof*

No comments: